Our team is seeking a Media and Public Relations Specialist to provide client-facing communications support to the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE). This role directly supports the EERE Communications Director and EERE federal Media Leads.
This individual will support EERE federal Media Leads with developing and executing effective local, regional, and national media pitch strategies for EERE and DOE-level announcements and events. The Specialist assists with response to media inquiries, conducts targeted media pitching, and helps facilitate and plan media interviews.
- Draft, review, and edit media pitches, media advisories, press releases, and interview talking points/scripts to ensure the message aligns with administration and departmental goals and priorities, and employs effective media engagement tactics.
- Facilitate and manage media interviews with EERE staff.
- Work in Meltwater to collect, compile, and share weekly media clips with the EERE Communications team, and create and build upon media pitch lists and contact lists.
- Provide media training and best practices training to EERE staff as needed/requested.
- 5+ years of experience desired
- Experience using Meltwater software required
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Experience in a newsroom, field journalism/reporting, or experience working in a Public Relations firm
- Ability to leverage a large network of media contacts to EERE
- Energy/sustainability background preferred