Our team is seeking a Senior Communications Strategist to provide client-facing communications support to the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE). This role directly supports the EERE Communications Director and EERE federal Media Leads.
The Senior Communications Strategist will provide client-facing communications support to EERE and directly support the Deputy Assistant Secretary (DAS) for one of EERE’s four pillars: Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy, Sustainable Transportation, and Operations.
- Act as a liaison between the DAS and EERE Technology Offices on all external and internal communications activities and products, events, and DAS speaking engagements.
- Facilitate Technology Office participation in departmental and organizational communications approval processes for public-facing materials.
- Collaborate with the Technology Offices to develop comprehensive amplification plans for public announcements, which include strong media, congressional, and stakeholder outreach strategies.
- Draft, review, and edit a wide range of external and internal communication products, with a focus on distilling technical information and crafting the piece into a compelling and palatable story.
- Assist with the EERE public announcement process and media inquiries, pitching, and interviews.
- Help plan and execute EERE-hosted events, including management of the roles and responsibilities and timeline; developing an event run of show; and drafting the invites, talking points/scripts, and all press and promotional, collateral materials.
- 4+ years of experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience with renewable energy required
- General understanding of EERE technologies, programs, and initiatives
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning
- Strong writing/editing skills
- Experience managing media relations
- Speechwriting, digital content creation, and project/process management experience
This position is with our teaming partner, Barbaricum. Please apply at using this link: Application for Senior Communications Strategist, or send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant must be located in the Washington, DC / Baltimore region, and be a U.S. citizen.