Our team is seeking a Communications Specialist to support a contract with the Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) Communications Support Services. The Communications Specialist will work with our communications team to develop robust communications plans and marketing campaigns.
- Develop, edit, and disseminate technical information in a non-technical manner through internal and external communications channels, including all forms of digital, website, and social media content, press releases, presentations, talking points, and speeches.
- Develop and manage internal and external communications plans, materials, tools, in person and virtual events, and other communications products and services.
- Manage intricate approval processes and procedures while managing multiple trackers simultaneously.
- Ensure that communications are aligned with organizational priorities, in compliance with brand standards, and support strategic communications goals.
- Manage public announcement processes with adherence to internal processes and protocols.
- Develop and edit content for a diverse and wide audience.
- 2+ years of experience desired
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Experience working successfully in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and analytical skills, as well as correct use of grammar, construction, and spelling
- Work independently and/or collaboratively to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Strong project and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience and comfort communicating with and processing deliverables directly from a client
- Required: Proficiency in the following MS Office 2021 applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly Desirable: Proficiency in the following Adobe Creative Cloud 2021 applications: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro
Please apply using this link: Application for Communications Specialist, or email a cover letter, salary requirement and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include at least five writing samples of your work. Applicant must be located in the Washington, DC / Baltimore region, and be a U.S. citizen.