LMD—a fast-paced, award-winning, full-service marketing communications agency—seeks a full-time communications lead with a minimum 7 years of environmental policy/science and/or marketing communications experience to support a contract with the Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) Communications Support Services. The communications lead will work with a team of communications strategists to develop robust communications plans and marketing campaigns.
- Manages and coordinates communications materials and approvals, including announcements, fact sheets, print products, and web pages.
- Writes and edits internal and external communications materials, including print products, internal newsletters, web pages, announcements, social media content, and more.
- Supports the development of communications and outreach strategies.
- Coordinates relationship building with EERE teams, including integrated strategies team leads, the stakeholder engagement team, and legislative affairs.
- Supports stakeholder outreach and engagement efforts at events.
- Develops materials and strategies for events.
- Minimum 7 years of communications strategy experience, plus a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field.
- Knowledge of energy equity, environmental justice issues, workforce development, and diversity in STEM experience a plus.
- An expert understanding of the communications planning process to include industry best practices and methodologies.
- Understanding of the renewable energy sector and experience developing communication solutions for energy initiatives or clients.
- Demonstrated expertise developing content for diverse audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Reliable and able to work under tight deadlines for product submission.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Resides in the DMV or can easily commute to the area for in-person meetings.
LMD offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a collaborative, supportive culture. This position is currently remote but will require travel into Washington, DC one to two times a week. To apply, email a cover letter, salary requirement, and resume to email@example.com. No calls, please.