Enjoy helping organizations tell stories by creative writing? We are currently hiring a Writer responsible for developing content for a government organization focused on cybersecurity. In this role, you will be working with a communications team to develop content for distribution to various audiences interested in cybersecurity. This is a great opportunity to use your creative writing skills with cybersecurity-focused content.
- Write speeches and talking points for agency and program leadership.
- Proofread written materials for typographical, grammatical, and format errors; ensuring products are of consistent quality.
- Research and write fact sheets, articles, and web content.
- Develop and distribute newsletters for both internal and external audiences.
- Design, develop, launch, distribute, and support written products related to external affairs plans and publications as identified.
- Apply plain language principles (www.plainlanguage.gov) and solid grammar
- Incorporate a range of styles and “voices” suitable to various formats or media.
- Currently holds, or is able to obtain, DHS Fitness Determination
- BS/BA in English, Journalism, Communications, or Related Field.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ of demonstrated experience providing all writing, editing, proofreading, and creative conception as requested, for any of the following materials: reports, news releases, fact sheets, Web site text, and public speaking scripts.
- Excellent communication skills, especially written.
- Strong research and organizational skills
- PR agency, corporate, or government agency experience preferred.
- Self-starter, with the ability to manage tasks and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
Job Location(s): This position is currently remote; however, when the Client’s offices open post-pandemic, the position will be located in Arlington, Virginia.
We offer a generous benefits package, including 401(k); and a work environment that encourages personal and professional growth. To apply, email a cover letter, salary requirement, and resume. APPLY NOW. No calls please.