LMD, a growing, fast-paced, full-service branding, marketing, and communications firm in the Baltimore-Washington corridor seeks a talented Writer to join its award-winning team.
We are currently hiring a Writer responsible for developing content for a government organization focused on cybersecurity. In this role, you will be working with a communications team to develop content for distribution to various audiences interested in cybersecurity. This is a great opportunity to use your creative writing skills with cybersecurity-focused content.
In brief, this position writes, proofreads, and edits content and copy for a variety of marketing materials. Develops strategic messaging and generates original copy based on messages to appeal to the client’s target audiences. Meets with the client and/or account manager to discuss the client’s business objectives, market position, target audiences, and products and services. Brainstorm creative concepts with other members of the creative team. This position requires U.S. citizenship.
- Write speeches and talking points for agency and program leadership.
- Proofread written materials for typographical, grammatical, and format errors; ensuring products are of consistent quality.
- Research and write fact sheets, articles, and web content.
- Develop and distribute newsletters for both internal and external audiences
- Design, develop, launch, distribute, and support written products related to external affairs plans and publications as identified.
- Apply plain language principles (www.plainlanguage.gov) and solid grammar.
- Incorporate a range of styles and “voices” suitable to various formats or media.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Currently holds, or is able to obtain, DHS Fitness Determination.
- BS/BA in English, Journalism, Communications, or Related Field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience providing all writing, editing, proofreading, and creative conception as requested, for any of the following materials: reports, news releases, fact sheets, Web site text, and public speaking scripts.
- Must be comfortable and able to work on short deadlines with minimal client input.
- Excellent communication skills, especially written.
- Strong research and organizational skills
- PR agency, corporate, or government agency experience preferred.
- Self-starter, with the ability to manage tasks and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
This position is remote. Eastern Standard and Central Time Zones are preferred. Working hours 9:00-5:00 EST. We offer a generous benefits package, including 401(k); and a work environment that encourages personal and professional growth. To apply, submit a cover letter, salary requirement, and resume. No calls, please. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume.