LMD has taken on the standing desk challenge! We have a few pioneers who were standing long before these desks were purchased and started this movement. Now the rest of LMD’s staff is joining the stand-up craze.
So what’s all the hype with standing desks? For starters, you’ll be able to work to a ripe old age since you’ll be in such excellent health. Joking aside, we’ve read the benefits and they are real. Here are just a few benefits we’ve experienced so far:
- Burns more calories than sitting
- Improves energy levels, especially during that 3pm crash
- Improves posture because many people tend to slouch while sitting
- Keeps muscles more active and improves blood circulation
With the many pros of standing desks, there are some cons—but they can be greatly reduced if you use your standing desk properly.
- Take it slow. Don’t assume you’ll be able to stand all day. Start with 30 minutes and work your way up.
- Get a gel mat. It will make standing easier on your joints, help combat fatigue, and your feet will thank you.
- Set up properly. Your screen should be eye level and about an arms length away. Keyboard height should be level with your elbows and make sure you keep your wrists flat. Make adjustments where necessary if things don’t feel comfortable.
- Slightly bend knees and remember to shift your weight from time to time.
- Stretching is key.
So far, LMD’s staff loves our standing desk space. We hope it continues to help us to be healthier and happier at work.